Make your ad the best
Here are a few tips to get the most out of your eBility listing and help you to make your classified ad stand out for all the right reasons by making it the best it can be!
Help it look its best and stand out from the rest!
- Make sure your item for sale is clean and tidy before you take a picture of it
- Upload an image, or three or four! Images capture attention
- Include measurements where practical
- Write your ad in a word processor with spellcheck turned on and then copy and paste it onto the online form
Make the most of your images
You don’t need a fancy camera to achieve good photos. A smartphone will take good pictures. Just use these tips to help you.
- Clear any clutter from the background of photos or even head outside
- Take photos in a well-lit position where possible
- If the item is small, use a clean white background where possible
- If the photo must include a person, use an editing program to blur, block or pixelate the face for privacy
- Take photos from different angles
- If you use a phone camera and need a close-up photo, position the camera closer rather than zooming in on the screen. Zooming in will reduce picture quality.
When listing Equipment
- If you have manuals, chargers or accessories included for the piece of equipment, make sure you make a note of that in your listing.
- Mention the features of the equipment.
- Include measurements where helpful.
- Use clear, simple and concise language. Dot points are your friend!
- Note any wear and tear (include photos) so that people who view the ad are not misguided.
- If there is no wear and tear, note the item is "As new" or "Hardly used".
When listing Vehicles
- Clean the vehicle inside and out before photographing.
- Mention the year, make and model of the vehicle.
- Include the odometer reading, and the VIN or registration details.
- List any features the car has, including GPS Navigation, Bluetooth, Air conditioning etc.
- Include any details about the wheelchair access. Is there a ramp? Or a hydraulic lift? A seat that turns and swivels or a lowered floor for wheelchair access?
- If the vehicle has other modifications, that let people with varying physical disabilities drive, make sure you list them here.
- Be patient with questions. Vehicles can be a significant investment, and people are bound to ask questions before they commit to purchasing.
When listing Real Estate properties
- Remove clutter and personal objects from rooms. Especially bathrooms. Clear surfaces are preferable.
- You can always move furniture around, or remove it entirely to get the desired effect.
- Focus on the best features, especially those relating to accessibility.
- Again, be patient with questions and requests for viewings. Purchasing a property is a huge financial and lifestyle decision.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch!